Following the latest easing of restrictions we have received late today (Thursday) an update from Scottish Golf. (The details are available for all to review on the Scottish Golf website.) brief copy below
Dear Affiliated Club,
Following the latest COVID Update from the First Minister, Scottish Golf has been working with our partners at sportscotland and the Scottish Government to receive approval on our latest COVID-19 Guidance ahead of mainland Scotland moving to Protection Level 0 on Monday 19 July 2021.
We have now updated our guidance and all clubs should note the key changes effective from Monday 19 July:
- Outdoor bubbles (coaching & competition) up to 500 with no participant limit per day
- Locker Rooms/Changing Facilities can re-open
- Indoor Hospitality extended to groups of 10 people from 4 households
- All golf course furniture may be returned for normal use, including the removal of flagsticks, standard hole cups and bunker rakes
- Preferred lies in bunkers may remain in place at club’s discretion, recognising that not every golfer will wish to use a communal rake
Ahead of implementing these changes, we would recommend that clubs carry out a risk assessment that is specific to the situation at their club.
While this latest update is a further step forward in the return to golf and its traditions as we know it, until such time as restrictions are lifted fully we would urge everyone to continue to risk assess for their specific environment and respect differing perspectives in relation to risk will still be evident across the wide range of golfers in Scotland.
We know that today’s update will have a positive impact on all affiliated clubs and their members, and on behalf of everyone at Scottish Golf, we would like to thank you for your continued patience and strict adherence to the restrictions that have been in place.
Keep up to date on the latest COVID-19 Updates from Scottish Golf here.
Club Council will review these over the coming days and implement any further risk assessments required.
An update with any and all changes will be provided next week.