Below you will find information on being a Junior Member
By becoming a member of Bathgate Golf Club, you are joining a club with a long and rich history. The Club started in 1892 and has produced two Ryder Cup captains and three Ryder Cup players as well as national and international champions.
Golf is a sport which can last a lifetime and teaches vital life skills such as Fair play, Respect for others, Teamwork and Persistence.
Our Aim at Bathgate is to provide a safe environment for juniors to Have fun, improve Health and Skills and make new Friends.
Junior members can join the club as Academy Members – further details can be found in the membership area.
There are over 20 competitions for juniors during the season. Most are run during school holidays. See diary in membership booklet and on club website for details.
6 Hole and 12 Hole Medals: A graduated introduction to competitive golf for new juniors is provided by supervised play round first 6 then 12 holes before moving on to play the full 18 hole medals.
Entry to competitions is simple; turn up on time and you get to play. 6 Hole Medals start at 9am sharp. Play 3 rounds at any level (6, 12 or 18 holes) and you will be allocated a handicap. Entry fees to Open competitions will be refunded on production of a scorecard.
Dresscode rules are prominently displayed around the clubhouse. Rules specific to juniors are at the back of the Member’s Handbook. Rules of Golf are in the R&A rulebook. You can learn them as you go along and a good way is to learn from others. Apply the rules.
Honour the game of Golf: Show Respect for Opponents, Officials, Team-mates and Self. And for the golf course.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
All adults involved with juniors at Bathgate GC have undergone Disclosure. Any form of bullying will be dealt with severely. Racist or sexist remarks will not be tolerated.
CHILDRENS WELLBEING GUIDELINES
Bathgate Golf follow and apply the Scottish Golf Childrens Wellbeing guidelines as appropriate.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
As a junior member of Bathgate Golf Club you are expected to abide by the following code of conduct.
- Help create and maintain an environment free of fear and harassment.
- Demonstrate fair play and apply golf’s standards both on and off the course.
- Treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself.
- Respect physical, cultural and racial difference.
- Tell someone in authority if you are leaving a venue or competition.
- Treat organisers, coaches and golf club members with respect.
You should not take part in any irresponsible, abusive, inappropriate or illegal behaviour which includes:
- Consuming alcohol or illegal or performance-enhancing drugs or stimulants.
- Using foul language.
- Publicly using critical or disrespectful descriptions of others.
Violations of the Code of Conduct will be dealt with by the committee.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS / CARERS
As a parent/carer of a junior member of Bathgate Golf Club you are expected to abide by the following code of conduct.
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with club staff/officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Never use threatening or abusive behaviour towards children, officials, coaches or other parents.
- Always notify the Junior Organiser of you will not be attending or going to be late for a coaching session/competition
07831 871 176