Achieve Golfing Excellence and Provide Best in Class Bar, Catering and Other Services
To Encourage Members to Stay With Us for Life
Our customers: Our Members, Guests, Sponsors, Visitors & Public
We provide access to golf for players of all standards and to high quality bar & catering to both members and non-members in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere that does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, age, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or disability. Our members needs are prioritised first and foremost, our sponsors enjoy the benefits of being associated with the club, guests & visitors and public are encouraged and welcome to use club facilities.
We provide a range of membership categories that satisfies all golfers’ and make these visible to the public to become the golf club in our catchment area to which golfers aspire to belong. We endeavour to ensure our Members feel so valued that they will want to remain in the club for their lifetime.
Council Accountable for Achievement of Objectives
- Aim to be best in class in region
- Manage to a strategic plan. Track and review performance
- Ensure members are up to date with our transparent decision making.
- Govern in line with Club Constitution & Scottish Golf recommendations
- Each council member opinion is heard and each have a vote
- Undertake governance self assessment reviews each year
- Implement processes that support running of the club
Achieve Golfing Excellence
- To be recognised arguably as the No 1 Golf Course in West Lothian
- Design course to be enjoyable & challenging for all standards
- Present in excellent condition for all major golf events
- And good condition all year round
- Plan & complete maintenance with input from specialists
- Implement 5 year machine renewal plan
- Have trained and qualified Greens team
- Issue course communications & address feedback from members
Golf and Facilities Available to All
- Encourage all to become members of the Club
- Make booking straight forward
- Offer competitive golf and communicate results
- Enable non-competitive golfers to play the course each week.
- Offer variety of fun events
- Be open for all golf events and visits
Keep up to date with governing bodies and Local Association news and communicate to members
- Scottish Golf
- Scottish Government COVID 19 procedures
- Linlithgowshire Golf Association
- Lothians Golf Association
- British and International Golf Greenkeepers Association (BIGGA)
- PGA Association
- Scottish Government
Professional Services, Teaching & Practice Facilities to Support all Standard of Golfers
- In conjunction with club professional, provide opportunities for anyone to learn / improve their golf skills.
- Promote Golf is Great Programmes for All
- A junior development fund is maintained by BGC Junior Foundation to encourage & support them develop their skills and compete at local, regional, national, and international level.
Provide Best in Class Bar & Catering Services Open to All (members, guests, visitors, sponsors, local community)
- Offer variety of bar & catering options
- Served by friendly, helpful staff.
- With service times aligned to meet customer’ needs
- Discounts for members
- Sponsors, guests and non-members can use our services
- Support club and customer events throughout the year.
Provide Events for all our Customers
- Enable customers to use club facilities for their events
- Provide varied programme of social events
Communicate with our Members & Customers and Address Questions & Feedback
- Build and maintain member engagement
- Use all media to keep customers informed
- Canvass members and customers to shape our plans
- Act on appropriate feedback
- Have staff & council available to keep members informed about club progress.
Enhance our Clubhouse and External Facilities to Meet Customer Needs
- Advance the club for the benefit of future members with revised and refreshed facilities and services.
- Develop & implement clubhouse & external improvement plans
- Meet health & safety regulatory requirements.
- Encourage environment and sustainability practises
Plan and Manage for our financial future
- Agree and manage to income & cost budgets set by members at AGM
- Manage key income drivers (Membership numbers & fee price, guest & visitor numbers & fee price, bar & catering rental income)
- Manage expenditure and simplify club operations to a long-term viable base of facilities and services.
- Establish and manage debt level & leveraging position
- Apply for available business grants
- Finance / support development of the club for benefit of current and future members.
- Consider normal operating cashflow and a worst-case scenario cashflow and manage associated financial risks and issues
- Review when significant items change and communicate position to members
- Build & protect club reserves to mitigate risks
- Look ahead to next year budget