Statement of Intent
Bathgate Golf Club (BGC) is committed to the equitable and fair treatment of all members, guests, visitors, volunteers and present and potential employees. We are determined to ensure that every person regardless of disability, age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin or religious conviction has a genuine opportunity to participate to their full potential at all levels and in all roles within the club.
BGC will comply with its statutory obligations under the terms of all relevant Scottish, UK and European legislation.
- BGC’s Equality Policy aims to ensure that:
- The content and format of BGC’s policies, procedures, competitions, regulations (where applicable) and assessments provides equality for all except where specific situations or conditions properly or reasonably prevent this. (See Exemptions)
- All material prepared, produced and distributed by, or on behalf of BGC promotes a clear image of diversity within the activities of the club.
- Clear guidance and communication are given to all individuals either governing or working for the BGC on its commitment to Equality.
- BGC will consider the use of appropriate action to tackle under-representation where it has been identified.
Responsibilities and Implementation
- BGC is responsible for ensuring the policy is followed, and for dealing with any allegations of breaches.
- BGC club Captain is responsible for the implementation of the Equality Policy.
- Day to day responsibility will rest with the Secretary.
- All paid staff and volunteers have a responsibility to respect, act in accordance with and thereby support and promote the spirit and intentions of the policy.
- All members of staff will be appropriately trained to foster and ensure a greater understanding of equality issues.
- No job applicant will be placed at a disadvantage by requirements or conditions which are not necessary to the performance of the job or which constitute discrimination.
- A copy of this document is available to all paid staff and volunteers of BGC and it will be covered in staff and volunteer inductions.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- This policy will be implemented with immediate effect and will be the subject of annual review by the Council to whom a written report will be submitted by the Secretary.
- The Captain will review the Equality Policy on an annual basis to establish and assess progress towards its aims and objectives, and to ensure the Club’s processes, systems and actions are continually improving.
In accordance with the BGC Constitution, we will investigate any reports of alleged breaches of our Equality Policy and take appropriate disciplinary action based on the outcome of the investigation. Any complaint or grievance will be dealt with via the appropriate policy and procedures.
BGC reserves the right to limit competition to specific age, gender or disability groups where this is necessary to ensure equitable, safe and fair competition. It may also be necessary on occasion to apply specific conditions to potential or actual staff and volunteers which are necessary for the proper performance of any work or tasks involved.
Policy signed off by Club Council (May 2018)